Saturday, May 06, 2006

David Vyborny signs 2 year deal

David Vyborny will get a chance to add to his multiple Columbus Blue Jackets franchise records.
"David Vyborny has been an important part of the Blue Jackets organization during our five seasons and I am extremely pleased that he will continue to play a vital role on our team," said Columbus general manager Doug MacLean.
"David can play in any situation and has tremendous skill and knowledge of the game. I think he is one of the most underrated players in the National Hockey League and we are fortunate to have him."
Vyborny set career highs with 43 assists and 65 points last season.
"I've really enjoyed playing in Columbus for the Blue Jackets and there was nowhere else that I wanted to play, so I am very happy," said Vyborny.
"We have a good, young team and I am looking forward to helping the team win more games for our fans."
The Blue Jackets have never qualified for the playoffs during their five seasons in the league.

No comments: